PROGRAM SERVICES AND ACTIVITIES
During their two years in the program, scholars take four McNair courses. The first year of classes focuses on academic research training and the beginning of preparation for graduate school planning. The second year courses include learning about various graduate school topics.
McNair Courses: UST 301 and 302, and 401 and 402.
In addition to the required classes, the following services and activities are offered to McNair Scholars:
Engaging in Academic Research
- Training to do scientific research through faculty mentorship
- National and local research presentation experiences
Graduate School Preparation
- In-depth assistance with the graduate application process
- Funding support for the graduate application process
- Faculty and graduate student mentoring
- Opportunity to interact and bond with other ISU undergraduates from across campus
- Connection with a national community of McNair scholars